Using Pkunzip software
- Copy Pkunzip.exe from the Floppy disk (A: drive) to C:\Downloads folder that you created if you followed the SMH ICON procedure. You can do this by going to Start, Programs and double click on Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the A: drive, right click on Pkunzip.exe and then left click on "Copy" in the pop-up menu.
- Navigate to C:\Downloads, right click in the right hand side of the
Windows Explorer, then left click on the "Paste" in the pop-up menu. The file should then be copied from A: to C:\Downloads
- Then - supposing that you have downloaded a file called XYZ.zip from a web site to your
- Go to Start, Run and type "C:\downloads\pkunzip XYZ.zip C:\Setup"
(Without the " and assuming you have a folder called Setup per the SMH ICON procedure).
- The file should then be un-zipped (un-compressed) into the Setup folder.
- Navigate to C:\Setup folder and double click on the Setup or Install file
name and the program should be installed.
Return to Session4